Our church planters depend on the prayers and encouragement of God’s people.
OUTREACH NORTH AMERICA provides this monthly prayer letter to inform you of some of their specific needs and praises so you will know better how to pray for them.
Thank you for your prayers and the interest you show by your phone and e-mail responses. Your prayers truly encourage your church planters.
- Pray for preparations this month for the Church Planting Assessment Center (CPAC) that will be early next month, May 1-4.
- Pray for our mission congregations as they plan summer outreach ministry.
- Christian Education Ministries (CEM) has seen an increase in the number of churches wanting to participate in the Appalachia mission, but due to limited availability and a desire to optimize effectiveness, it may be difficult to find enough ministry sites for all the churches that want to participate. The Appalachia mission has also seen great success and ONA is working with CEM to take veteran churches to help with church plants and renewal endeavors in the ARP.
- It is great that ARP churches are excited about missions and ONA and CEM want to help provide opportunities for mission trips to support our ARP church plants!
- This summer some established ARP churches taking mission trips to church plants to help them with their summer outreach ministries. We hope this great opportunity will flourish and grow over the next few years.
- Please contact the ONA office if your church is interested in participating.
exploratory work Contact: Rudy de Vries
Grace Presbyterian Church, Pontiac, SC
Daughter church of First Presbyterian Church of Columbia
Brandon and Elizabeth Barrett firstname.lastname@example.org
- For us as we head into April. After Easter we need to catch our breath after two months of public worship and think strategically about outreach as we head into the spring and summer.
- For us to find good avenues for serving our community and connecting with unchurched people.
Iglesia Biblica Latinoamericana, Columbia, SC
Kings Parish, Dallas, Texas
David and Margaret Winburne email@example.com
- We thank the Lord for a wonderful “joining service” on March 18. The Mission of King’s Parish now has 20 new ARP’s.
- We praise the Lord for our denominational leaders from Catawba presbytery and ONA who came to Dallas to witness our “joining service” and encourage us in our church planting efforts.
- We praise the Lord for a community of faith that delights in one another and in the worship of the Lord.
- I (David Winburne) want to thank the Lord for a core group that is wonderful.
- We ask for you to pray that we would reach more and more people with love of Christ.
- We ask you to pray that the events on our church calendar would be used as an avenue to love our neighbors and share the Gospel and the means of grace in worship.
- We ask that you would pray for perseverance, wisdom and joy as we do our work.
- We ask that you would continue to pray for Mary Margaret Winburne’s sister-in-law, Kellie Moore as she has terminal brain cancer and four young children.
- We ask you to pray that the Word of the Lord would accomplish His work in our worship service.
- We ask you to pray for continued leadership development for the future of King’s Parish ARP.
Hill City Church, Rock Hill, SC
Church Planting residency at Living Waters
Andy and Ellie Stager AndrewRStager@yahoo.com
- Presbytery approved Hill City to become a mission congregation in April.
- For a beautiful historic downtown space in which to meet for Sunday evening meal and worship.
- For a non-Christian friend who articulated our precise philosophy of mission, word for word: “I don’t believe. I wish I could but I just can’t make my brain believe. But I really want to belong, and I feel like I already do. Can I keep showing up for things?”
- For two new community group leaders beginning to lead our people in discipleship and mission.
- For our provisional session, and for 1-2 additional local provisional elders.
- For wisdom in establishing systems that will make us effective in Gospel ministry, especially related to families with children.
African ARP Mission, Charlotte, NC
Rev. Zachary and Ruth Kariuki firstname.lastname@example.org
Brookside Presbyterian Church, ARP, Boone, NC
- That winter is over – no more snow and ice on weekends!
- For good attendance as the Florida folks return for summer in the mountains.
- For improved finances.
Centerpoint ARP Church, Lewisville, NC
Rev. Bob and Joyce Wilson email@example.com
Praise and Thanks
- For a great day March 11! We had an infant baptism, and the Lord blessed us with a great time of worship, and attendance!
- For new visitors and members, and that our tithes and offerings we meet or exceed our expenses.
Christ Coastal Church, Southport, NC
Rev. Walt and Val Shepard firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are speechless–for the second week in a row now the Lord has brought over 25 folks to the service on Sunday morning at the Seaside Chapel. We are not sure what the Lord is doing, but here are a few of the factors:
- The Lord has connected us with a music guy who is doing an amazing ministry to the homeless here out of his house. He is a self-described “ordinary radical learning how to love God and his neighbors.” What a concept? He and I get together for prayer and find a strong, mutual encouragement. We were both struck at how the Lord worked through his music following the message from Jonah 3 last Sunday.
- There are two older (they are my age!) ARP couples who sold their homes in Greensboro and moved to this area. They are on board and are not at all put off with “thinking out of the box.” It is very encouraging to have them.
- The preaching part of my work has been so relaxed. There is a minimal set up procedure on Sundays, but it is far from hectic. I am looking for all sorts of “water passages,” since we are down on the waterfront. Jonah has been a good fit these days. But much prayer is needed for this old guy!
- An infra structure needs developing, especially since the Lord is increasing our numbers, and the work has been pretty demanding. We have plans for two discipling ministries to get off the ground immediately, and two more to follow. Prayer ministries are with folk outside the church, and we are looking for ways to begin an intentional prayer ministry in the local church, in the neighborhood of Seaside Chapel.
- I am talking seriously with a man who has the burden for youth ministries for this area, and even tonight we are talking to his wife to prayerfully recruit him for the radical discipling of youth through Christ Coastal.
- We continue to ask the Lord for people who will have a burden for the unchurched of this area. And I am using some elders who are going to another church to be something of an advisory board for prayer and counsel. They have the burden for this area, but I do not want them to leave their churches. It is a principal that I think that God is honoring here: Do not take from the other churches. We want to extend the Visible Kingdom of God, not grow at the expense of other churches.
Christ Church ARP, Denver, NC
- We continue to see new visitors show up.
- For several new member families this year.
- For a wonderful opportunity to buy land and build a building.
- For our land/building funding source – Fundementum.
- For wisdom for our building committee in selecting a general contractor.
- For our April men’s retreat – Duff James is speaking.
- For fruit from our outreach efforts in Denver.
- For wisdom for our provisional session in recommending elders and deacons as we seek to become an organized congregation.
City Church, Asheville, NC
Duff and Kristi James email@example.com
- Please continue to pray for increased opportunities to share the Gospel with our non-churched and de-churched friends.
- Continue to pray that the Lord would add to our group. We especially feel the need for some older couples to join us. At 38 years old, I am the oldest member of our group. Having some older saints who bring a perspective and wisdom gained only by walking with their Savior for years, will prove invaluable to us.
- Pray for our family, especially for Kristi and me as we continue to grow in our marriage. We recognize that the most effective way Satan can disrupt the progress of this church plant is to disrupt our marriage, and we want to be proactive in guarding ourselves.
- Continue to pray for our housing situation, that we would find affordable housing in the area we are looking to plant the church.
DaySpring Presbyterian, Mocksville, NC
- There are many spiritual needs in this community. May God raise up a solid core group here to minister in this needy area.
Faith Chapel ARP, Pleasant Garden, NC
Rev. Terry and Mary Crahen firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Church Leith, Leith, Scotland
Rev. Athole Rennie email@example.com
Andrew and Helen Court, Intern
American contact Dr. John Carson firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow this link to watch a short video about Leith
- For our new teaching series in Luke’s Gospel– that some of our non-Christian contacts would come to consider the person and work of Christ. Several new contacts in the community have been made over the past month some of whom have expressed an interest in coming along on a Sunday. It would be great if you could give thanks for these contacts and please pray that they would come and that they would keep coming!
- For the other expectant parents in the church. There are two more babies due in April. Pray that the church would care well for all the families that belong to Grace Church Leith.
- For the opportunity with the Leith Festival. Pray that this would be a really positive way to build relationships in the community.
- For our church weekend. Pray that we would grow in our love for one another and our love for our community as a result of time invested over the next few days.
- For the ten people I asked prayer for last time. Pray that we would be joined by people who would see the need in this part of our city and would buy in to the vision of the church. We are aware that with so many new babies, our resources are going to be stretched. New parents will not be able to serve in the same capacity as they have been up to now and we will need more people who are willing to serve in order to spread the load.
- For perseverance. We have much to be encouraged by but seeing Gospel contacts come to Christ is a slow process. Please pray that we would not lose heart and that God’s Spirit would open blind eyes. Pray that we would have a deep trust in God to work sovereignly in the lives of those we are trying to reach with the Gospel.
- Give thanks for all that God has done to bring us to this point in the life of our church. He has greatly blessed us with some fantastic, Gospel minded people and people in our city are hearing about Jesus as a result! Pray that we would regularly rejoice in all that God is doing.
Grace Community Church, Black Creek, NC
Rev. Randy and Sally Jenkins email@example.com
Grace Hill Church, Hillsborough, NC
Rev. Ross Durham firstname.lastname@example.org
- For healing for some spinal disc issues Ross is having. Pray for carpal tunnel issues Cathy is having (Ross’ wife).
- For Communicants Class starting April 1.
- For visitors.
- For interactions with people at our table at the “Last Fridays” community events in Hillsborough, monthly from April through Sept.
- For various theological and leadership training meetings.
- That the “Kid’s Night Out” ministry to lower economic families will show Christ love and compassion and meet real needs.
- For volunteers. Pray that God will richly bless them.
- For growth in attendance in worship this quarter. Pray for growth in giving.
Grace of the Lord Korean, Cary, NC (exploratory work)
Rev. Joshua Kim
Hope Chapel ARP Church, Greensboro, NC
Rev. Todd Jones, email@example.com
- For the 14 New Members that will be joining this Sunday.
- For the new permanent worship space.
- For our Easter Services that many from our neighborhoods will visit.
- That God would continue to bring new visitors each week.
- For all of our college students as they prepare for the final leg of the semester.
- For God to continue to provide financially and to help us pay down our debt to free us up to do more ministry.
- For our church members as we partner with different local public schools and work with refugees here in the city.
Hyo Shin Korean, Greensboro, NC (exploratory work)
Rev. Byong Han Son
Johnson City, TN – exploratory work
Bethesda Presbyterian Church, ARP
Northside Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC
Rev. Paul and Jo Traub firstname.lastname@example.org
Pinecrest Hispanic Mission, Hendersonville, NC
- That our faithful congregation will remain intact as we look for a new pastor.
- Continue to pray for Pastor Unda as he transitions to the military chaplaincy.
Rodam Korean ARP Church, Pineville, NC
Rev. Eun Joo and Kim Young Yup Kim email@example.com
Tapestry ARP Church, Charlotte, NC
Rev. Jarvis Ross firstname.lastname@example.org
Triangle Onnuri Korean ARP Church, Raleigh, NC
Rev. Abraham and Sungmi Ji Biblestoryteller@gmail.com
Wilkes-Covenant, Millers Creek, NC (exploratory work)
Student Josh and Crystal Feimster email@example.com
Christ Community, Apollo Beach, FL
- That God will fill our leadership needs with maturing members of our congregation.
- That we will be bold in representing Christ to our community and that Christ Community will have an impact in our area.
- For blessings on our Easter Sunrise Service and our regular Easter Service. Pray that it will be pleasing to God and that God will soften hearts and open the eyes of the people He brings there.
- For building new relationships and strengthening older bonds in our church.
- For leading us to valuable studies for our small groups to participate in and learn from.
- For providing us with opportunities to demonstrate His love to others.
- That Emma Lewis, Pastor Charlie’s daughter, is healed and that we were able to have a party on March 31 to celebrate that she is leukemia free.
Fort Myers, FL
Rev. Steve and Rachel Reynolds firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training in March at the Verge Conference in Austin was both useful for the church plant and a time of refreshment and encouragement.
- We are making some inroads with non-Christian friends here. Small opportunities to share Christ arise and we try to take full advantage of these Divine appointments!
- I am continuing to have a few men referred to me for support, encouragement, and possible recruitment into the church plant. Thank God for Craig, one of the men who refers others to us!
- Pray for more opportunities to share Christ with our non-Christian friends. One, in particular, is heading down a dangerous road. Pray for Greg.
- Pray for a renewed ministry opportunity at the Quality Life Center, as well as service options at the YMCA and Beauty from Ashes.
- Continue to pray for leaders to come alongside and join the core team. I went to the Verge Conference with one man who was considering a move to the area to help with the church plant. God has renewed his vision for where he is currently serving. We praise God for that renewal, but ask him to send other capable and committed leaders!
North Port, FL
Church Planting residency
Rev. Tom and Carolyn Schneider email@example.com
SonLife Church, Jacksonville, FL
Rev. Bob and Dail Hovey firstname.lastname@example.org
Tampa Chinese Presbyterian Church, Tampa, FL
Rev. Jeff and Hsin Hsiu Liu email@example.com
Mississippi Valley Presbytery
Havana ARP Church, Havana, AR
Rev. Moises and Cindy Chan firstname.lastname@example.org
- For my prison ministry friend. He had his first unsupervised visit with a family member this weekend. His family had not seen him in a long time and could not believe the change the Lord has done in him. I was invited to visit and of course had a wonderful opportunity to point to God’s grace in that situation. The family wanted to know we have been doing with him. He was so excited to talk to his family about the Lord. This was a high note of thanksgiving and I am trusting and praying the Lord would use this to work in his whole family.
- For the ESL classes. We were hoping to take a little break, but when we drove pass the church, there was a group waiting for the class. So we went ahead with the session. It was a blessing to see their enthusiasm for learning the language.
All Nations Mission Church of NY, New York City, NY
Christ Presbyterian Church, Grove City, PA
Rev. Dr. Iain and Barbara Duguid email@example.com
- My wife, Barb, will have knee replacement surgery on March 23, followed by my daughter Rosie having back surgery for scoliosis on May 1 and a second knee replacement for Barb on May 26.
- For ongoing counseling challenges.
- We have a great relationship with the YMCA where we meet. They may be able to provide office space for us to use, in exchange for a little redecorating and remodeling.
- For Rev. Matt Harmon officially joining me on the pastoral staff. He
and his wife are a real gift of God.
- For the privilege of mentoring young men headed for ministry.
- For the joy of sending out students excited about the Gospel into a variety of new locations around the globe as they graduate.
Communion Presbyterian Church, Irvine, CA
Rev. Kent and Stephanie Moorlach firstname.lastname@example.org
- The arrival of another baby girl to our congregation.
- A number of men considering the call to ministry.
- The relationship among fellow NAPARC churches in the area.
- Encouraging visitors.
- For the Lord to continue to build his church in Irvine.
- For relationships to be restored.
- For upcoming Holy Week services.
- For opportunities to share the Gospel with those we meet.
The Future Vision Presbyterian Church, Flushing, NY
Global Vision ARP Church, Flushing, NY
Rev. Peter Tae Mun and Hong Eun Lee PeterLee@MissionGlobal.Org
Good News Community Church, Gilbert, AZ
- God made our day today when a gal whom we were very close to a couple years ago finally called back. We had no address, just her cell phone and have called again and again and left messages with no results. Once more we were reminded that God does not give up on us and we should not give up on people either.
- The title company who researched the title to our property was very encouraging stating that there are no papers saying that we are a part of the HOA other than one from the former owner that he never signed. Pray as we meet with the HOA in person with our paper work.
- The property is pretty much cleared. We will get our 5th big dumpster after we are sure we are not in the HOA and can begin work on bringing the little office building up to code.
- For wisdom and a positive witness when we meet with the HOA.
- That God will move local visitors to add to our wonderful core.
Iranian Christian Church of Washington, D.C.
Mr. Javad and Nazy Pishghadamian email@example.com
Tri-State Community Church, WV
Rev. Rick and Tammy Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
Fullness of Joy, La Crescenta, CA
Rev. James Baek email@example.com
Praise the Lord, Los Angeles, CA
Rev. Suk Ho Jin firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharon Presbyterian Church, Tijuana Baja California, Mexico
Rev. Pablo Song email@example.com
Clemson Korean Presbyterian Church
Rev. Jae Park firstname.lastname@example.org
International Community Outreach Mission, Atlanta, GA
Travelers ARP Mission, Travelers Rest, SC
- To God for His constant faithfulness.
- To the new visitors and contacts over the last couple of months.
- Our annual Easter-in-the-Park will be held on April 7.
- Our Good Friday service on April 6.
- For more people to come and become a part of the mission.
Hanmaum ARP Korean, Madison, Alabama
Rev. Soo Young Kim email@example.com
Riverside Presbyterian, Prattville, AL
Rev. Greg and Courtney Duke, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pray for opportunities to establish core groups and plant churches in our presbytery. We have been praying and asking the Lord where He would have us do a demographic study for the purpose of starting a new work, because we know that he knows where the hearts are ready to receive the Gospel.
Kingston, Ontario – exploratory work
Grace Presbyterian Church, Pontiac, SC Rev. Brandon Barrett
Iglesia Biblica Latinoamericana, Columbia, SC
Kings Parish, Dallas, Texas Rev. David Winburne
Hill City Church, Rock Hill, SC Rev. Andy Stager
African ARP Mission, Charlotte, NC Rev. Zachary Kariuki
Brookside Presbyterian Church, ARP, Boone, NC Rev. Larry Young
Centerpoint ARP Church, Winston-Salem, NC Rev. Bob Wilson
Christ Coastal Church, Southport, NC Rev. Walt Shepard
Christ Church ARP, Denver, NC Rev. Morrie Lawing
City Church, Asheville, NC Rev. Duff James
DaySpring Presbyterian, Mocksville, NC Rev. David Olah (supply)
Faith Chapel ARP, Pleasant Garden, NC Rev. Terry Crahen
Grace Church Leith, Leith, Scotland Rev. Athole Rennie
Grace Community Church, Black Creek, NC Rev. Randy Jenkins
Grace Hill Church, Hillsborough, NC Rev. Ross Durham
Grace of the Lord Korean, Cary, NC – exploratory work Rev. Joshua Kim
Hope Chapel ARP Church, Greensboro, NC Rev. Todd Jones
Hyo Shin Korean, Greensboro, NC – exploratory work Rev. Byong Han Son
Johnson City, TN – exploratory work
Northside Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC Rev. Paul Traub
Pinecrest Hispanic Mission, Hendersonville, NC Rev. Juan Carlos
Rodam Korean ARP Church, Pineville, NC Rev. Eun Joo Kim
Tapestry ARP Church, Charlotte, NC Rev. Jarvis Ross
Triangle Onnuri Korean ARP Church, Raleigh, NC Rev. Abraham Ji
Wilkes-Covenant, Millers Creek, NC – exploratory work Student Josh Feimster
Christ Community, Apollo Beach, FL Rev. Charlie Lewis
Fort Myers, FL Rev. Steve Reynolds
North Port, FL Church Planting residency Rev. Tom Schneider
SonLife Church, Jacksonville, FL Rev. Bob Hovey
Tampa Chinese Presbyterian Church, Tampa, FL Rev. Jeff Liu
Mississippi Valley Presbytery
Havana ARP Church, Havana, AR Rev. Moises Chan
All Nations Mission Church of NY, New York City, NY Rev. Bongkyun (Andrew) Bang
Christ Presbyterian Church, Grove City, PA Rev. Dr. Iain Duguid
Communion Presbyterian Church, Irvine, CA Rev. Kent Moorlach
The Future Vision Presbyterian Church, Flushing, NY Rev. Jin Hwa Kim, PhD
Global Vision ARP Church, Flushing, NY Dr. Peter Tae Mun Lee
Good News Presbyterian Church, Gilbert, AZ Rev. Clyde Reed
Iranian Christian Church of Washington, D.C. Rev. Javad Pishghadamian
Tri-State Community Church, WV Rev. Rick Anderson
Fullness of Joy, La Crescenta, CA Rev. James Baek
Praise the Lord, Los Angeles, CA Rev. Suk Ho Jin
Sharon Presbyterian, Tijuana Baja California, Mexico Rev. Pablo Song
Clemson Korean Presbyterian Church Rev. Jae Park
International Community Outreach Mission, Atlanta, GA
Travelers ARP, Travelers Rest, SC Rev. Billy Barron
Hanmaum ARP Korean, Madison, AL Rev. Soo Young Kim
Riverside Presbyterian Prattville, AL Rev. Greg Duke