- Erskine President David Norman is Forced Out
“I am exhausted.”
The toll this job has taken on me and on my family cannot be ignored. I also know that, although I have committed each day to serve God and this institution to the best of my ability, I have strained or broken relationships with several of Erskine’s most important alumni, faculty, and staff.
- Separation of Church and School — by World Magazine
by Mickey McLean at World Magazine
The struggle over the governance of Erskine College and Seminary continues
The ongoing battle between the board of trustees of Erskine College and Erskine Seminary and their founding denomination, the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, over the governance of the schools remains unresolved following the ARPC’s annual denominational meeting that ended Thursday.
ARPC pastors and ...
- Minority Report of Erskine Trustees Regarding the Erskine Board’s Response to the General Synod
- A message from Erskine Board of Trustees Chair Joe Patrick
Dear Ministers and Elders,
Prior to the June 2012 meeting of the General Synod, I wanted to follow up regarding my previous note. Earlier I had communicated the Erskine Board of Trustees’ response to the 2011 Synod motions regarding the removal of trustees from the Erskine Board.
David Conner has given a presentation on these motions to the Board of ...
- Louisiana College Wins Legal Battle for Inerrancy — Lessons for the ARP Maybe?
Liberal professors “candidly testified administration.”
The professors filed suit in 2005 against the school amid a growing furor over the school’s movement away from Baptist doctrine. The professors fueled the controversy with statements they made during ...
- How Does Erskine Implement Christian Education? — Two Opinions
Two Opinions about implementing Christian Education.
ONE: I can watch on my television as three hundred cyclists climb the Alps and then race through the streets of Paris toward the finish line, not having any idea whatsoever which one is engaged in Christian cycling and which is practicing Jewish cycling perhaps or Hindu cycling. In other ...
- Erskine Alumni Association Newsletter — April, 2012
Spring is breaking out all over Due West with fresh colors and new beginnings. Alumni Weekend with our annual Association meeting will be coming up Saturday, April 28. This event signals new beginnings as well.
To kick off our meeting, Erskine’s 15th president, Dr. David Norman, will be sharing with our Association how he has quickly ...
- Erskine Spring Break Widow’s Service Ministry Project
Visit the Erskine RUF website
A dozen students, a dozen widows?
12 Erskine students spent the week of Spring Break ministering to about 12 widows in the Honea Path, SC area doing various yard and house cleaning projects. The week of ministry included having conversation and prayer with the widows in their homes and beginning to build ...
- Erskine Alumni Survey Summary
Between September and December 2011, the Erskine Alumni Association conducted a survey that sought to better understand giving trends and perspectives among Erskine alumni. If you were among those who participated, thank you for your feedback. About 26% of those asked to participate responded, yielding a wealth of information and insight from nearly a thousand ...
- Erskine College Board reaches out to ARP Synod Written by Liz Carey, Independent Mail
Friday, 24 February 2012
Erskine College said it wants to keep dialogue with the General Synod of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church open, its President David Norman said.
The school released another news release Wednesday to expand on a previous news release that said the school’s board of trustees voted last week ...
- Erskine Hopeful for Continued Dialogue with ARP Synod Erskine trustees look forward to a continued, cooperative, and mutually beneficial relationship with the ARP General Synod.
Every message has at least two parts: content and delivery. Delivery becomes especially important when the content of a message is not what the recipient is hoping for, or when previous interactions have been difficult.
So while the Board ...
- Erskine Trustees tell ARP Synod "No" to request to allow Synod to remove Trustees for cause Section 1 is titled “Response Summary” and it states that the requested changes would not be ‘in the Institution’s best interest, nor in the best interest of the General Synod’ Four reasons are highlighted: impact on accreditation, legal liability, impact on academic freedom, and impact on Trustees independence.
- Erskine College Sophomore takes Christmas break mission trip to Kenya
Written by Erskine News
During the mission, the team conducted “a fantastic worship service,” Putnam said, in which two members of the mission group spoke, “and there was very lively music and joyous praise.” Some 250 people responded positively to the gospel message during the mission, she said, “which is pretty amazing.”
As the fall semester was ...