Our church planters depend on the prayers and encouragement of God’s people. OUTREACH NORTH AMERICA provides this monthly prayer letter to inform you of some of their specific needs and praises so you will know better how to pray for them. Thank you for your prayers and the interest you show by your phone and e-mail responses. Your prayers truly encourage your church planters. (See the bottom of this e-mail for a summary of all the mission churches included in this update.)
- Pray for the church planting and renewal work being done in each of our presbyteries, and pray specifically for the upcoming meeting of your presbytery.
- Pray for the ONA board meeting on March 27 – 28 in Greenville, SC. Pray for wisdom and for God’s will to be done through the board.
- Pray for men that God has equipped as church planters to hear his call to church planting. Pray for a good group of candidates for the Church Planting Assessment Center (CPAC) that will be held May 1 – 4.
Contact: Rudy de Vries
Grace Presbyterian Church, Pontiac, SC
Daughter church of First Presbyterian Church of Columbia
Brandon and Elizabeth Barrett email@example.com
Iglesia Biblica Latinoamericana, Columbia, SC
Special Outreach Ministry
Kings Parish, Dallas, Texas
David and Margaret Winburne firstname.lastname@example.org
- For new visitors coming to the mission.
- For a presbytery that prays for me and our needs.
- For good, deep conversations with needy sinners about the struggles of life, money and the grace of God.
- For a steering committee that has planned a calendar for our ministry at the mission.
- For rich, satisfying worship every Lord’s Day.
- For a mature, committed, non-contentious core group!
- For our outreach plans to be effective in showing forth the love of Christ.
- For more and more people to know who and what the ARP is and why we are in Dallas.
- For more visitors to commit to the mission.
- For continued growth in discipleship to our Lord Jesus among our mission.
- For continued leadership development.
- For my wife’s extended family – dealing with brain cancer and how this impacts our time with the mission development.
Lake Wylie/ Rock Hill, SC
Church Planting residency at Living Waters
Andy and Ellie Stager AndrewRStager@yahoo.com
- For 70 people who braved the rain and cold for a Gumbolicious Mardi Gras party.
- For Catawba Presbytery’s Church Extension Committee recommending Hill City Church’s proposal to Presbytery.
- For God giving us favor in the community.
- For a favorable outcome at Presbytery’s meeting March 13.
- For a half dozen non-Christians exploring faith. I am asking God that we will have one or two adults to baptize for our first worship service as a Mission Congregation.
African ARP Mission, Charlotte, NC
Rev. Zachary and Ruth Kariuki email@example.com
Brookside Presbyterian Church, ARP, Boone, NC
Rev. Larry and Joyce Young firstname.lastname@example.org
- For those who came to church in spite of the poor weather … to my amazement!
- For folks to come and give during these lean winter Sundays in the mountains.
Centerpoint ARP Church, Lewisville, NC
Rev. Bob and Joyce Wilson email@example.com
- For visitors, and that they have returned more than once!
- For a special time of worship and infant baptism scheduled for March 11!
- Ask for more first time visitors, who will become prospects, and members.
- That financial contributions will equal expenses, or exceed them.
Christ Coastal Church, Southport, NC
Rev. Walt and Val Shepard firstname.lastname@example.org
Christ Coastal had another great day at the Seaside Chapel this past Sunday. The Lord is bringing visitors to us, and the way He is doing it is by email, the website and brief newspaper two liners. Word of mouth is also starting to work. The really fun part of it all is a network the Lord has had in place already, and He has just recently invited me in. Some folks in this area are thinking way out of the box, but with a Kingdom focus, regarding this area. I am hoping to find a music person through this network, as well. Praise Him and thank Him with us!
That the Lord will give us a bevy of older folks who can support the work of reaching unchurched, who take a long time to start giving. It will take some really patient folks who will serve, and endure “hardness, as good soldiers.” I am scrounging around for Bibles to have available to be able to give and challenge folks to study along with me in the service, so that they can see that I am not making this stuff up. Continue to help us pray for that music ministry person(s). Two Sundays ago we had Ed Limon from First ARP Burlington lead us, and it was just so much fun! And worshipful!
Val is out on the west coast speaking to a Korean church for their missions conference, and seeing three of our kids out there. Pray for our Sarah, as she gets that deer in the headlights look when mama leaves home– things like, what are we going to do for meals, Dad?!
Thanks for praying with us.
Christ Church ARP, Denver, NC
Rev. Morrie and Lori Lawing email@example.com
City Church, Asheville, NC
Duff and Kristi James firstname.lastname@example.org
For wisdom and discernment as we look for affordable housing in our target area.
DaySpring Presbyterian, Mocksville, NC
There are many spiritual needs in this community. May God raise up a solid core group here to minister in this needy area.
Faith Chapel ARP, Pleasant Garden, NC
Rev. Terry and Mary Crahen email@example.com
- For a renewed, sharper and larger vision for Faith Chapel.
- For energy and strength as we tend to ordinary duties and seek to grow.
- For grace for members juggling multiple responsibilities.
- For wisdom and some help for overhauling our website.
- For workers, people who will share our vision and come to Faith Chapel with a desire to serve.
- For effective and winsome witness in the community and workplace for all of us.
- For wisdom about prospecting and increasing our visibility in the community.
- For wisdom and direction as we seek to implement some new ministries and outreach events.
- For evangelistic ideas and opportunities.
Grace Church Leith, Leith, Scotland
Rev. Athole Rennie firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew and Helen Court, Intern
American contact Dr. John Carson email@example.com
Follow this link to watch a short video about Leith
- For our new teaching series in Luke’s Gospel– that some of our non-Christian contacts would come to consider the person and work of Christ. Several new contacts in the community have been made over the past month some of whom have expressed an interest in coming along on a Sunday. It would be great if you could give thanks for these contacts and please pray that they would come and that they would keep coming!
- For the other expectant parents in the church. There are two more babies due in April. Pray that the church would care well for all the families that belong to Grace Church Leith.
- For the opportunity with the Leith Festival. Pray that this would be a really positive way to build relationships in the community.
- For our church weekend. Pray that we would grow in our love for one another and our love for our community as a result of time invested over the next few days.
- For the ten people I asked prayer for last time. Pray that we would be joined by people who would see the need in this part of our city and would buy in to the vision of the church. We are aware that with so many new babies, our resources are going to be stretched. New parents will not be able to serve in the same capacity as they have been up to now and we will need more people who are willing to serve in order to spread the load.
- For perseverance. We have much to be encouraged by but seeing Gospel contacts come to Christ is a slow process. Please pray that we would not lose heart and that God’s Spirit would open blind eyes. Pray that we would have a deep trust in God to work sovereignly in the lives of those we are trying to reach with the Gospel.
- Give thanks for all that God has done to bring us to this point in the life of our church. He has greatly blessed us with some fantastic, Gospel minded people and people in our city are hearing about Jesus as a result! Pray that we would regularly rejoice in all that God is doing.
Grace Community Church, Black Creek, NC
Rev. Randy and Sally Jenkins firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Hill Church, Hillsborough, NC
Rev. Ross Durham email@example.com
Grace of the Lord Korean, Cary, NC (exploratory work)
Rev. Joshua Kim
Hope Chapel ARP Church, Greensboro, NC
Rev. Todd Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
For continued growth as we enter Lent and the Easter season.
For God to continue to bring new visitors.
For wisdom as we serve the community through our different church partnerships with Foust Elementary, Lindley Elementary, Church World Services (serving local refugees), Golden Living Center, and Jones Elementary School.
That we will grow in our gratitude toward all that God has done and is doing at Hope Chapel.
Hyo Shin Korean, Greensboro, NC (exploratory work)
Rev. Byong Han Son
Johnson City, TN – exploratory work
Bethesda Presbyterian Church, ARP
Northside Presbyterian Church, Greensboro, NC
Rev. Paul and Jo Traub email@example.com
Pinecrest Hispanic Mission, Hendersonville, NC
That our faithful congregation will remain intact as we look for a new pastor.
Continue to pray for Pastor Unda as he transitions to the military chaplaincy.
Rodam Korean ARP Church, Pineville, NC
Rev. Eun Joo and Kim Young Yup Kim firstname.lastname@example.org
Tapestry ARP Church, Charlotte, NC
Rev. Jarvis Ross email@example.com
Triangle Onnuri Korean ARP Church, Raleigh, NC
Rev. Abraham and Sungmi Ji Biblestoryteller@gmail.com
Wilkes-Covenant, Millers Creek, NC (exploratory work)
Student Josh and Crystal Feimster firstname.lastname@example.org
Christ Community, Apollo Beach, FL
Rev. Charlie and Coco Lewis Charlie@christcommunityfl.com www.christcommunityfl.com
Pray for God to move people into leadership positions.
Pray that our members will be bold for Christ.
Pray that the hearts of the lost will be impacted by the ministries of Christ Community Church.
Ask God to lead several people to profess faith in Christ before Easter.
God for continuing to build relationships in our congregation.
Praise God for the six small group bible studies that we have just started. We have some new leaders and we have reached out to several new people whose introduction to Christ Community is through these bible studies.
Praise God that Pastor Charlie’s daughter Emma finished her treatments for Leukemia and had a safe surgery to remove her port in February.
Fort Myers, FL
Rev. Steve and Rachel Reynolds email@example.com
For the specific area we are to plant in Fort Myers
For the Holy Spirit to prepare people to respond to Jesus as we speak with them.
For ministry partnerships with other churches and service organizations.
For us to grow a strong and healthy launch team for a new church plant. For us to stay focused on and centered in Christ.
North Port, FL
Church Planting residency
Rev. Tom and Carolyn Schneider firstname.lastname@example.org
Two Bible studies have begun; one in North Port and one in Osprey. Not counting Carolyn and me, we had 8 in North Port and 10 in Osprey. However, we are borrowing 6 of the 8 in North Port (from Sarasota). I trust the number of committed people “in North Port” will grow as I make contacts.
For laborers in North Port. Even if people are “borrowed” from other churches this helps to support/boost a core group.
Thanks again for your prayers. As we reach the lost and unchurched in North Port and the surrounding cities, we need a solid core of mature believers in place. Remember the words of Jesus in Matthew 9:35-39, “Jesus was going through all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the Gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness. Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest’.”
SonLife Church, Jacksonville, FL
Rev. Bob and Dail Hovey email@example.com
We have been meeting now for three years!
For our supporters: ONA, Florida Presbytery, churches and individuals praying for us and supporting us all the way!
Our birthday/thanks video will be “released” in this month.
For several new families hanging around.
The marriage here that you have been praying for is getting better.
For the Missions Conferences at Lake Wales and Bartow – great churches with a heart far beyond themselves!
The Lake Wales Youth Group is coming up (for the third year) for the Eggstravaganza!
Our spring Community Outreach, Eggstravaganza will be March 31 – pray for fruit.
That God would continue to grow us deeper and wider.
Keep praying for this marriage and that the wife would return to SonLife.
Tampa Chinese Presbyterian Church, Tampa, FL
Rev. Jeff and Hsin Hsiu Liu firstname.lastname@example.org
Mississippi Valley Presbytery
Havana ARP Church, Havana, AR
Rev. Moises and Cindy Chan email@example.com
We have been able to start a Spanish class in addition to the English classes as an outreach to bring understanding between the Hispanic and the local community. We are getting good response.
That the Lord would bless that as a means of contact to share the Gospel.
All Nations Mission Church of NY, New York City, NY
Rev. Bongkyun (Andrew) Bang firstname.lastname@example.org ANMC2009@gmail.com
Christ Presbyterian Church, Grove City, PA
Rev. Dr. Iain and Barbara Duguid email@example.com
Communion Presbyterian Church, Irvine, CA
Rev. Kent and Stephanie Moorlach firstname.lastname@example.org
The Future Vision Presbyterian Church, Flushing, NY
Rev. Jin Hwa Kim, PhD email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Vision ARP Church, Flushing, NY
Rev. Peter Tae Mun and Hong Eun Lee PeterLee@MissionGlobal.Org
Good News Community Church, Gilbert, AZ
Rev. Clyde and Ann Reed email@example.com
We have decided on a builder and architect, both Christians, who are really challenging us to think outside the box as regards our vision for GNP and the impression we want to give to those going by, etc. Our folks are really excited.
So far we have filled 4 big dumpsters with trash and trees on our property.
The Home Owners’ Association will not return our calls or answer our correspondence. They are wonderful folks and we had a great meeting with them before we purchased the property so we do not really know what the problem is. Clyde, and a member who has researched legal papers of the life of this property, are meeting with a lawyer to make sure we have our ducks in order before we take a more formal approach with them. Pray for God’s wisdom and direction and graciousness on our part that we would present a positive witness to them. Also pray that they would release from membership in the HOA.
Iranian Christian Church of Washington, D.C.
Mr. Javad and Nazy Pishghadamian firstname.lastname@example.org
Tri-State Community Church, WV
Rev. Rick and Tammy Anderson email@example.com
Fullness of Joy, La Crescenta, CA
Rev. James Baek firstname.lastname@example.org
Praise the Lord, Los Angeles, CA
Rev. Suk Ho Jin email@example.com
Sharon Presbyterian Church, Tijuana Baja California, Mexico
Rev. Pablo Song firstname.lastname@example.org
Clemson Korean Presbyterian Church
Rev. Jae Park email@example.com
International Community Outreach Mission, Atlanta, GA
Travelers ARP Mission, Travelers Rest, SC
Rev. Billy and Sissy Barron TravelersARP@gmail.com
Hanmaum ARP Korean, Madison, Alabama
Rev. Soo Young Kim firstname.lastname@example.org
Riverside Presbyterian, Prattville, AL
Rev. Greg and Courtney Duke, email@example.com
Pray for opportunities to establish core groups and plant churches in our presbytery. We have been praying and asking the Lord where He would have us do a demographic study for the purpose of starting a new work, because we know that he knows where the hearts are ready to receive the Gospel.
- OUTREACH Prayer Update — May 2013
- OUTREACH Prayer Update — March 2013
- Alan Avera Leaving Outreach North America
- OUTREACH Prayer Update — November 2012
- OUTREACH Prayer Update — October 2012
- OUTREACH Prayer Update — September 2012
- OUTREACH Prayer Update — August 2012
- The Collapse of the Liberal Church — by Margaret Wente
- An Obituary for the American Church — by Mike Breen
- Five Confessions of a Failed Church Planter — by John Thomas
- Christ Community Church — Prayer Letter June
- OUTREACH Prayer Update — May 2012
- OUTREACH Prayer Update April 2012
- Christ Community Church — Prayer Letter March
- 50 Days to HIGH M-PACT Outreach and Evangelism
- OUTREACH Prayer Update March 2012